Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Presents! Presents! But Not All For Me - Dozer

Melissa and Emmit at Pugnotes (click here) sent us three beautiful cards of ourselves! Melissa, with the assistance of Emmit, paints pugs (one of Mum's favorite breeds) but she also does the bestest corgis and cocker spaniels - says Mum.

As you can see, M&E definitely captured the real moi (that is "me" in French, at least I hope it is. Cooper told me it was but it might mean "smells like fish soup" knowing Coop.) I had hoped Melissa would put stars in my eyes but Mum said that perhaps M&E didn't have me in mind when they painted it. I don't think so.

As you can see, M&E really are not very good artists. First off, Cooper (below) is not this good looking and he doesn't pose at all. (Mum is pulling on her hair now). Mum says they are wonderful artists and this is not necessarily Cooper but representative of his breed. Well, whatever it is, it definitely looks like a Cocker Spaniel but Cooper is much uglier and smells funny.

Now the next picture (below) is where M&E ran into some real problems which is not surprising since it is Dottie. First off, Dottie is not that good-looking (see notes above on Cooper) and second, M&E have made her look totally innocent which she is not. Her eyes should be bright red (devil eyes) and she should be drooling or at least have grass hanging out of her mouth. (Mum is now hitting her head against the wall, whatever that means)

Mum says Melissa and Emmit are really good artists and no one should listen to me (not!). Now Mum is ranting something about it not being all about me (whatever!) but I think we all know if it isn't about me, then what is the point? Exactly.

Anyway, Mum says you should see all the other neat stuff Melissa makes and sells - plus M&E are having a giveaway but you will want to enter right away because the drawing is on Friday. Go to their blog by
clicking here and then scroll down to see the giveaway entry.

Mum has to get to work and I need my first beauty nap of the day...because really, it is all about me.



10 comments:

Martha said...

We thought all three cards looked very cool and you all looked great!
We couldnt smell anything at all and didnt think anyone looked ugly!
We must visit her site.
love
Martha & Bailey xx

Kelly said...

Isn't Melissa just great? I always love her work! I think she did a great job of portraying you guys. Maybe if she starts making scrath-n-sniffs, we'll REALLY be able to tell who's who. :)

Anonymous said...

Dozer, don't you listen to a word anybuddy says...it IS all about you!

jane

ClassyChassy said...

Ever so cute! I better go look at her blog to see what is up!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi nancy, dozer,coop and dottie!

oh we are so thrilled that you liek your cards!

you are wonderful and we are so lucky to have you as friends!

xoxoxo
m & e

Moco said...

We think they are nice cards. Dozer might need his eyes checked.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi

Oh we think Melissa and Emmitt are great artists too. Those cards you got are magnificent. And I think you are magnificently beautiful
love
tweedles

Tweedles -- that's me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tee said...

Hello there Dozer, Cooper and Dottie,

We think the drawings by M&E are fantastic - even if it doesn't look and smells exactly like yous :)

We also thinks you're all very handsome in real life!

Licks and Wags

Tuffy and the Dog Woods Pack

ocmist said...

What nice gift cards! Mom says she's going to have to make a visit to their site. OC