Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dottie's Mum Came for a Visit

As many of our readers know, Dottie in her former life, was an AKC Champion show dog. Yes, our Dottie! And Dottie's very first Mum found our Mum on Facebook and she emailed that she would come for a visit (how cool is that?).

Dottie's previous owner, Betty, told us that Dottie didn't have a very happy life as a show dog (Mum even pulled out the letter and read it to me) and that Dottie had too many litters. Dottie never said anything otherwise, so we figured it had to be true. Who knew Dottie just isn't much of a conversationalist?

I told Dottie to get up and get ready for the visit but she took a nap
and her tongue snuck out. She gets more like Cooper every day. Seriously.
Anyway, this is Dottie's very first Mum, Dana Wellock. She has been showing dogs since 1978. This is a picture of Dana with Dottie, when the Dot'ster was just a pup!


This is Dottie's certificate showing she was an AKC champion. Yeah, yeah...send in enough box tops and you can get one too. (Mum says that is not true and I am not to say such things.).


Okay, one more shot of Dottie in her show days. Okay enough with that. Let's move on.

So here is Dana! And she brought treats! Houseguests with treats are always welcome in my neighborhood.

Check out my tongue action. Bring on those Treats!!

Dana has her own website at http://www.roundhound.us/ 

So we listened as Dana talked to Mum and it became really apparent that there was something seriously wrong with what Dottie's last owner had told us. We are not sure Betty really understood who Dana was or how she treats her dogs. Dottie started piping up too (she started hogging the conversation, it was embarressing).

First off, Dottie did not spend her entire life in kennels and crates and she did not have too many litters. Dottie got to visit lots and lots of places, that's what she got to do! She went to shows but she got to play and got loved on by Dana all the time. And she only had two litters - okay one litter had 11 puppies but who knew Dottie could hide so many inside her enormous petite tummy?

Dana brought another friend..can you guess who? Yes, it was Emily from Dreameyce Studios! Can you believe it? Well I couldn't and I visit her blog every day!

Mum loves Emily's photography (Oregon Pet Photography) - if you visit, check out the dog galleries and see the dog sitting on the top of the fence post. I tried to get Cooper to do that but Mum stopped us because she said the vet bills would go through the roof if he fell. (And the problem with that would be.....?)

This is Emily giving me a rub down. I asked her to leave her family and run away with me, but she said she couldn't do that. So I asked her if she would at least take Cooper home with her and she said I would miss him. (She is soooo wrong but I didn't want to point that out on our first date).

Before you knew it, Dana and Emily had to leave. Mum said they will come for another visit or we will go see them. Mum is going to go to the Linn County Fairgrounds tomorrow to watch Dana show a dog in the AKC Dog show - she'll be in Cardigan Corgi class.

And no, I do not get to go...(big sigh)...I never get to go anywhere.

Dottie didn't do her usual pacing tonight and was really calm. She just laid down by Mum's chair and went to sleep. I think Dottie was really glad to see her first Mum, Dana, today. I know I was.

9 comments:

dreameyce said...

It was so great to finally meet you and the kids. I was SURE when I first saw Dottie that her and Julie (My Traum's Grandma) were related, but I didn't know how. When Dana pulled out that picture of puppy Dottie, I just knew! That means that beautiful Miss Dottie is Traum's Great-Aunt!

Tell Dozer that I'll GLADLY take Cooper home with me next time I see him, but that he's going to have to help me arm wrestle you and his Dad for Coop! They're all very special dogs, and you're all great company!

I'll be at the show tomorrow, so will see you then! I took plenty of photos of the pups so will have them posted 'one of these days', if school doesn't eat me alive *G*

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

What a nice visit! Hope Dana's dog does well in the ring...Though with such a great mom how could they not!

Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

Hope Begins said...

Oh my gosh, I am really without words and so full of happiness from my whole day today! It was such a dream come true to see Dottie and her other little friends today and to meet Nancy. I am going to lay down and fall asleep with my tongue hanging out tonight! hehehe It was great to make such nice new friends and I look forward to seeing you all again soon and you tomorrow Nancy. Thank you for such a great afternoon!

Love to all of you,

Dana

Hope Begins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kari in Alaska said...

wow thats cool!

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi nancy, coop dozer and dottie!
oh what a wonderful reunion!
Happy Valentine's Day!
♥ Melissa & Emmitt

Kristine said...

Wow--your Dottie and my Rugby are related! Dottie's dad is Rugby's grandpa! Rugby turns 13 next month--hard to believe!

ocmist said...

WOW! What neat things happened for all of you... getting to meet someone so nice (With TREATS, even!) and back rubs, and learning so much good stuff about Dottie. Sounds like you all made some wonderful new friends! It was cool, too, to see the pictures of Dottie being shown! You are a lucky dog, Dozer, to have had such a great day! The Corgi Country Crew