Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oh Canada We Raise Our Paw To You


As the Olympics begin in far off China, I am reminded of the value of our foreign friends throughout the history of the United States of America.

Across the width and breadth of the United States there is a country that hugs our border like gravy on kibble. And who is that nation? It is Canada! And within the wild and numerous territories of the frigid North is a bright shining star who barks out the national anthem like no other. Yes, we speak of Sparky Barky of British Columbia (BC hangs off the left hand side of Canada on the map, Mum showed me). There, amid the wild and savage beasts of BC, he remains a lone sentinel for freedom, honesty and the pursuit of dog toys. While other dogs have become domesticated pansies, Sparky remains true to his gene pool (which is somewhat mixed but colorful) and makes sure his pawrents are well protected at all times. He has managed to bury more toys in the backyard than most pet stores have in inventory and he has trained his pawrents to dig them up for him! How cool is that?

With neighbors likes Sparky we can all sleep better at night knowing our northern border is protected and under the watchful gaze of this small, yet amazing, canine extraordinaire! So pick up your webby award Sparky and accept our patriotic thanks to you and all the other folks who call British Columbia home. (Please send us some fish and chips please by overnight delivery and I can guarantee you more awards once I figure out how to get make boxes on the puter and color them in with my paws!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure...why not? We can have a Corgi clock too.
You look so cute in your pictures (and Coop looks cute too:)

I'm adding your name to the list under my mattress - will talk to Mercury about it at the right time (when she's not snarling at me:))

Licks n Wags,
Oorvi

Unknown said...

how cute!

Congrats on your award Sparky...

Dexter said...

Momma had a corgi growing up with Grandma and Grandpa. She says his fur used to come out in giant clumps and even long after he went to take his forever nap they still found plenty of corgi hair in unusual places.

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. Momma is SO happy to meet you because she still misses her corgi baby (who slept in her bed when she was a human pup).

Lizzy said...

OMDog! I was so surprised when I saw this post! Thank you so much, I am honored to receive this lovely award! In thanks I shall guard your northern border with all my Canadian strength and dignity!

I shall try to get those fish 'n chips to ya as soon as possible!

Sparky