Saturday, November 27, 2010

Flys for Dessert

Mum is still pretty grossed out when she looks at me. Apparently eating the dead flies from the fly trap that fell on the ground made her tummy turn. She said my breath was breathtaking and not in a good way. She went outside and cleaned up everything like it was radioactive hazmat zone. She watched me most of the day to see if I acted funny or sick but I love dead things so no harm was done.

Cooper had his shot of Adequan today for his legs and his nails clipped. I was supposed to go to the vet and get my nails done but Mum said my breath was so atrocious that she couldn't impose me on anyone. What's with that?

It hailed and rained this afternoon. Then the temperature dropped fifteen degrees in 45 minutes. When there was a break in the clouds, we had an afternoon walk but we still got wet and cold.

So Coop is alseep in the bed by the fireplace and I am patrolling the house.

 Taking a short rest from patrols...
Cooper likes to get all hot in front of the fire and then he has a lie down.
That's Coop, having a snooze fest..

7 comments:

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

Your Mom didn't like you eating dead flies? *sheesh* Good thing she didn't know my brothers Ben and Billy who used to hunt (successfully, much to Mom and Dad's horror) mice. Mom still shudders at some of the, uh, 'remains' she came across. Anyhoo... Good work patrolling the house (although I'm a big fan of the snooze fest...)!

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

Martha said...

You know these humans just don't know what's good for them!
There is great protein to be found in dead flies.
Still you can't tell em. You must say thankyou to your Mom for putting us on her prayer list - Bailey ate some boiled fish and rice today so it has worked!
Much love
Martha and Bailey xxx

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Appetizers, right~!?

Dexter said...

Hey, anything on the floor sure looks like food to me.

Slobbers,
mango

Kari in Alaska said...

Um thats really gross

Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Peanut said...

Wow, flys? Nasty, but funny. I can't believe how anything could or even want to eat flys.

Lori @ According to Gus said...

Awww..they look all warm and snuggly! We bought a similar dog bed from Costco, but Gus wouldn't lay on it...of course. Cute!