Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sleep, Joyous Sleep - Notes from Cooper

As many of you know, Sunday is my day to nap. Today has been perfect for napping. It is foggy and cool and there is a lot of football on the television. As the Oregon State University Beavers won yesterday over Cal, I can only have good dreams.
Mum finds my little pink tongue hanging out when I sleep to be "cute". I am a boy dog, I do not do "cute". And my tongue sticks out because Mum had that tooth removed that acted as a corral. (I was abused in my previous home and they broke my jaw and never had it repaired, so I had a lower canine tooth that was going into my upper palate. Mum had my vet take the tooth out and I renewed my love of chewing and food consumption like a champ!)

Does Mum never tire of this tongue business? Sometimes she thinks she is being funny when she sneaks up and touches my tongue and I do not move because I am so sound asleep. Eventually I open an eye (not both, just one) and let her know that I find this sort of behavior juvenile. Silly woman. But she does have thumbs and she snuggles well.

4 comments:

River said...

Sorry, Coop. My mom thinks it's cute, too.

love & wags,
River

Dexter said...

Sometimes my tongue sticks out when I am meditating and I have all my toothies, so no big deal.

SLobbers,
Mango

the Corgi Girls said...

BOL, we love your tongue hanging out! Too cute Coop!

;o)
M & I

Puglette said...

awww, cooper you are one cute puppy dog. we love the tnogue sticking out.
Hugs,
Puglette
:o)