Monday, July 30, 2012

Allergies Are Not Our Friend

See the big, black mark by my mouth? I have been rug surfing with my face because my allergies are in high gear. I have been going under the bed and chewing on my feet and shaking my head because my ears itch. All in all, not a happy time for me.

Mum took me to the vet and now I am taking 1 1/2 tablets of Benadryl twice a day (per the vet) and I don't itch any more. I do get a little spacey which Cooper thinks is funny.

Mum says my allergies will get better as summer ends but until then I have to take my Benadryl and antibiotics (to heal my face). I hope my rug burn turns into a scar. I will tell the ladies I am a pirate and it is an injury from a sword fight. Why is Mum laughing hysterically?

Love, dozer

7 comments:

Ziggy Stardust said...

Dozer, my sweet pal, I have the same problem. I take a benedryl and am on antibiotics, cauz I scratch so much I got booboos that got infected. I hope you feel better soon. I know how you feel, it stinks.

Loveys Sasha

Dexter said...

Serious rug burn, pal. I know how awful those itches can get. Like to turn one insane! Momma says that right now is the worst and she is always scratching at her eyeballs. I expect to see her carpet diving like you at any moment.

I am so relieved that the benny drills are helping. So what if you are a little spacey? Call it your stoner phase.

Slobbers,
Mango

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Y'know, our two corgi kids have been licking, nibbling their feet like mad this summer. It's allergies? I've seen the new kid shake her head and stick a back paw in her ear too. Hmmmm....

The Bee Charmer said...

Feel better, Dozer!!!

xoxox

Finn and Lola

Unknown said...

Sorry,Dozer about your itchies! We are fighting the allergies here too what with the Monsoon rains alternating with the sun leading to a lot of moisture build up.

Shadow has it pretty bad but he is responding to antifungal and oatmeal shampoos.
Occasionally he too needs an anti allergic tablet.

You're Mom is right.You should be so much better once the summer goes away.
Hope U are much better though

Wags, Ginger, Buddy n Shadow

How Sam Sees It said...

Just remember chicks dig scars...

At least, that is what Mom always tells me!

Sam

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Just about every doggy we know has allergies, including us. We're sorry yours are so bad. Jed's are fairly well controlled by weekly shots plus daily antihistimines. The shots didn't work as well for Abby, who gets daily antihistimines. Sure hope you heal quickly and don't have a bad scar - just a dashing one.

Jed & Abby