Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Let's Go Pub Crawling! - Dozer

My good friends, Gerald and Janice, live in British Columbia (BC for short). They are building a house on an island which sounds grand to me. They sent this picture to me - Janice is always so thoughtful, always thinking of me.

So I thought it might be a good time to visit Gerald and Janice at their house. Their blog is so inviting and although they haven't actually asked me to visit, I can tell they really want me to stop by.

So I asked Mum if we could do a road trip up to BC to visit Gerald and Janice and go to the pub they mention in their blog. Being a Welsh Pembroke Corgi it is practically in my genes to visit pubs and they have the best snackies at these establishments. Not to mention Guinness!

So Mum sits down and looks at me and asks me if I am serious. Serious? Of course I am serious. Mum looked down her nose and said "I am not driving you hundreds of miles North to cross the Canadian border and having the custom agents ask me the purpose of my visit and have to say I am taking my corgi to a pub to meet Gerald and Janice to drink Guinness and eat snackies."

Mum's attitude mystifies me. What is wrong with a social visit to BC to have a drink? I have all my vaccinations and I am up-to-date on my shots. What is the problem here? Coop says apparently there is a big problem because Mum rolled her eyes and left the room muttering something about having an insane dog. Since Dottie is the only insane one here, I think Mum is mistaken if she thought I planned to bring Cooper and Dottie. They can stay here in Oregon and get the mail.

Janice, don't get the snackies out just yet. I'll keep working on Mum.

7 comments:

Janice and Gerald said...

OMG!! Gerald and I were on the verge of tears we were laughing so hard. Dozer we love you! Please extend our personal invitation to everyone in your family to come up for a visit (yes, even your siblings). I do suggest, however, that we wait until the snow is gone and we've some sort of structure on the property. Big hugs to my favourite plush-bottomed doggie. Oh, Gerald endearingly calls you fuzzy-butt.

Kelli said...

Hi Dozer!
I hope you can convince your mom to take you for a visit! It sounds like a wonderful time! Good idea about leaving the others at home to get the mail! :)
-Tibby

River said...

Spring isn't so long to wait then you'll get to go!! I have something for you on my blog!

love & wags,
River

Anonymous said...

Dozer you are so funny! If you want to come visit us we'll give you snackies although I can't promise any pub crawls...

Life With Dogs said...

But if you stay home you can break the rules!

ocmist said...

Hi Dozer, BG here. I think you have a GREAT idea and I can't see why your Mum can't understand your point!

Don't you just love that picture... My Mom has it on her screensaver along with tons of pictures of us.

I wrote you a note in my blog last night (Mama's not been blogging lately as she is "indisposed...")

Is your Dottie as spoiled as my sister, Dotty, is? WOMEN... I think they are all nuts!!! (Except Mom...)

Peanut said...

Doesn't your mum realize she could get snackies too?