Friday, July 25, 2008

Happier Days...(sigh)

(sigh) I remember when I was an "only" dog, the light of my pawrents' eyes, the smile on their lips and the only concern they ever had. I made their lives so happy and joyous - we played on the bed, threw tennis balls and took lovely little weekend trips around the country exploring nature's wonderous bounty.

And then...then they went on www.petfinder.com and rescued Cooper. So there were two of us. I tried to like him but he was so overly friendly and spent almost all of his time being a snuggling, wriggling mass of love that my pawrents had their hands and laps full. I tried to show him who was boss but he wouldn't even fight with me.

Then Dottie moved in this spring and of course she is old so I cannot pick on her. Now she is so happy to be in the family that she demands tummy rubs and ear scritches each evening and Cooper lies down with her! It is one big pile of old dogs getting tummy rubs and cooing in their ears!

I would throw up but I don't get fed enough as it is and I cannot afford to lose any more calories. My pawrents could make this up to me by shipping Cooper and Dottie off to summer camp and importing a large bag of bully sticks with my name on it. Until then, I am going to sit in a huff and ignore them all!

Dozer

4 comments:

the Corgi Girls said...

BOL, senior doggie summer camp! We think it's a great idea... they can talk all about how it is to get old... achy bones, not as much energy...

PS Doz... we can star sending you food shipments buddy, sounds like your starving, BOL!!!

;o)
M & I

Unknown said...

You poor deprived thing. The more you sulk.. the better the rewards ;)

Peanut said...

Dozer,
I know exactly how you feel.

Peanut said...

Hey I gave you an award. Check out my blog